Gryphons Go summer camp takes place at the Edge, University of Leeds and is open to all children aged 5-11. Children will participate in a range of sports and activities including climbing, swimming, football, racquet sports, dance, arts and crafts and lots more! Parents can book individual days or full weeks for the complete camp experience.
Gryphons Go camps have been specially designed to give children a fantastic experience across a range of different sporting activities. Children will have the opportunity to use our amazing facilities to swim, climb, explore the outdoors, as well as develop their physical skills and make new friends. Our camps are run by a team of highly trained and motivated staff to ensure that children have a fun and safe experience.
- Our kid's camp is for children between the ages of 5 to 11 years. We do not currently cater for children under the age of 5 or over the age of 11 at the time of the camp.
- Children will be split into KS1 (5-7 years) & KS2 (8-11 years) groups to ensure activities are appropriate to your child’s stage of physical and emotional development.
- KS1 activities will focus more on the agility, balance and coordination skills needed to succeed at all sports, whilst KS2’s will engage in more competitive sport specific activities.
- Drop off is from 8:15-9AM and pick up from 5-5:15PM daily.
- The dates for our 2022 summer provision are as below and parents can book single days as well as full weeks:
Week 1 – Monday 1st to Friday 5th August
Week 2 – Monday 8th to Friday 12th August
Week 3 - Monday 15th to Friday 19th August
Week 4 – Monday 22nd to Friday 26th August
All activities take place at our Edge facility on Willow Terrace Road. On site we have access to sports halls, swimming, climbing and an outdoor 3G pitch. Drop off and pick up will be from our special camp entry/ exit point. If you have any specific access requirements please contact the Gryphons Go team who will be able to advise.
Things to bring
- Swimming kit – costume or trunks, towel, goggles if needed. Arm floats will be provided where required
- A packed lunch and enough snacks for the whole day. Please note we are a NUT FREE camp so please ensure packed lunches are free of nut products. This includes nut based cereal bars and snacks such as Snickers and peanut butter sandwiches. This is to protect children with severe nut allergies
- A water bottle which can be refilled at our fountain
- Sunhat & sun cream if the weather is warm as some activities may take place outdoors
- A jacket for outdoor activities if the weather is less warm
- Any medicines your child may need during the course of the camp
Terms & conditions of booking
- Children must be a minimum of 5 years of age on their first day of camp and a maximum of 11 years of age. Bookings will not be accepted for children outside of this age range.
- Your camp booking reserves a place for your child within our ratios. All bookings are final and if your child can no longer attend the camp due to changes of plans, illness or emergency you will not be automatically entitled to a refund. We will be as accommodating as possible in relation to amendments to bookings but each case will be handled on an individual basis. Our refund policy is outlined below:
- Cancellation 7 or more days before the booking: Full refund
- Cancellation less than 7 days before booking: 50% refund
- Cancellation on day of or during course of booking: Refunds will only be provided in the case of illness where a Dr’s note can be provided. Short notice cancellation means we cannot redistribute places and we therefore cannot offer a refund in any other circumstance.
- If after payment you realise you have made an error with the booking and wish to change dates or other information please contact our staff team on [email protected]. Alterations will be handled on a case-by-case basis and subject to our availability on specified dates.
For more information please contact the Gryphons Go team on [email protected].